Sunday, June 30, 2013

Ways to Use and Repurpose a Gallon of Milk--Without Drinking It!!



 
After quitting my job to be a stay at home mom, our monthly income is almost half what it was.  God has provided my husband with a promotion and a raise, but it is still very hard to support a family on only one income. With this in mind, I feel part of my job, as my husband’s helper, is to steward our resources to the best of my ability. This means my goal is to not be frivolous with purchases and to create as little waste as possible.

With this in mind, I am trying to make many of the items that we use on a daily basis at home.  Not only does this save money, but it also gives me the opportunity to replace items that can be harmful and toxic with naturally made products.

My husband and I have very recently started a journey to become self-sufficient.  We want to rely on manufactured products for as little as possible. This looks like it’s going to be a slow process and we may never completely achieve this goal, but I think we will have a lot of fun trying. This will also give us projects to work on together, which means more quality time as a family!! Hopefully you will find some of our projects interesting or helpful.

So, without further ado, I’m going to announce my next few blog posts.

Ways to Use and Repurpose a Gallon of Milk!!!

This will be a three part post.

In part one; I will be making mozzarella and ricotta cheese, both from the same gallon of milk. I will also give ways to repurpose the whey and the carton.

In part two; I will provide you with healthy recipes to use your mozzarella and ricotta cheese. I will also give you a recipe to some of the whey.

In part three; I will show you how to make about two quarts of Greek yogurt with one gallon of milk in a crock pot. I will also provide a wonderful ranch dressing recipe to use with your home made Greek yogurt.

So check back tomorrow for part one on Ways to Use and Repurpose a Gallon of Milk!!!

May your joy be full,

Rachel

As always, questions and comments are welcome and encouraged!!

Follow me on Facebook: Mommy Who Loves God

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment